Sunday, June 22, 2008

A day trip to Montreal




I was back to Vancouver from trip to ottawa, as I wrote before.
Now I am drinking a tea with beautiful pantone mug I found at the trip.
This is my travel note from the trip.

Me and my boyfriend and his brother took a day trip to Montreal by car.
Montreal is a beautiful city, they have French inspired culture.
I was surprised at the city was very European than I thought, people are friendly even I can't speak French.
We didn't know well the city, at first we walked from a parking somewhere in down town and coincidentally found a pub my boyfriend's father worked at in 70's. Their father lived in Motreal long time before.


We reached rue sherbrooke.Looked like there is a business and department store district.
My boyfriend checked perfumes as usual he does (he is a big perfume fun).
After a while in the area, we took metro to Sant Lurent. I liked the color of metro.



Sant Lurent looked like a cool- hip town. There are vintage stores and indie desighner stores.
While walk around there and we went Patati Patata to get good poutine.
There is a cool - street inspired pub.


And then we walked and walked through the town, reach to rue Saint-Paul Ouest.
People called there, "old Montreal"


There are a lot of high-end restaurants and cafes in old beautiful buildings.
We found a cool boutique called reborn.

Their clothing are beautiful, accessories are very niche.
http://www.reborn.ws/

We wanted to look at more places but couldn't go because of we had just short time to stay.
Well probably we discover a lot for a day trip.

3 comments:

Daniellexo said...

Oh I just love Montreal! I was just there a few weekends ago. Beautiful city :D

Things in life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Things in life said...

I like the city too..I want to go there again.