Monday, February 8, 2010

Bjørn Wiinblad


When I went to Denmark, first time I saw his painting at a hotel room.I was inspired and starting to look for his work at flea market and stores and I found this ceramic wall decor.I think this item is popular and can find easily but still I like the detail, most I like is his signature on behind the dish.
According to wikipedia,
Bjørn Wiinblad's Danish painter, designerand artist in ceramics, silver, bronze, textiles, and graphics. His work has been shown widely inEurope, in the United States of America first in 1954 and in Japan, Australia andCanada in 1968.

His paintings are interesting,the motif of ccharacters are round-faced people, dressed in 19th-century costume.They look like 60's modern and still it has classical inspirations.





No comments: